Population Decline: Japan’s Greatest Challenge
—Building a Population Policy and Forming a National Consensus for Our “Second Constitution.”
- BBC. (2012, March 11). Japan quake: Loss and recovery in numbers. BBC News. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-17219008, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- Burke, Edmund. (1982 ). Reflections on the Revolution in France. London: Penguin Classics, Reprint edition.Google Scholar
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2006). White paper on the national lifestyle (Kokuminseikatsu hakusho 2006-nenban). http://www5.cao.go.jp/seikatsu/whitepaper/h18/10_pdf/01_honpen/, accessed on February 1, 2017 (in Japanese).
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2014a). A public opinion survey on the future vision for Japan’s population and socio-economy (Jinko, keizaisyakaitou no Nippon no miraizou ni kansuru yoron chosa). http://survey.gov-online.go.jp/h26/h26-shourai/index.html, accessed on October 5, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2014b). 2014 White paper on children and youth (Heisei 26nen Kodomo Wakamono Hakusho). http://www8.cao.go.jp/youth/whitepaper/h26honpen/, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- Cabinet Office, Government of Japan. (2015). Annual Report on the Aging Society: 2015. http://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/english/annualreport/2015/2015pdf_e.html, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- Council on Economic Fiscal Policy, Expert Panel. (2014). Report from Growth and Development Working Group: Sustaining population, Innovation and Branding Japan with avoiding reducing spiral (Seicho・Hatten wa-king gru-pu houkokusyo: syukusyo supairaru wo kaihi shi, jinko anteika・inobeisyon・nippon buranding) http://www5.cao.go.jp/keizai-shimon/kaigi/special/future/1114/shiryou_01_2.pdf, accessed on February 14, 2017 (in Japanese).
- Economic Planning Agency. (1992). White paper on the national lifestyle (Kokumin seikatsu hakusho). http://www5.cao.go.jp/seikatsu/whitepaper/h4/wp-pl92-01503.html, accessed on October 2, 2016. (in Japanese).
- IPSS. (2011, October 21). An outline of the results of the nationwide survey and couples survey on marriage and childbirth. 14th Basic survey on birth trends, 2010 (Dai14kai shusseidoko kihon chosa). http://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/shingi/2r9852000001thzi-att/2r9852000001ti0z.pdf, accessed on October 4, 2016 (in Japanese).
- IPSS. (2012). Japan’s estimated future population (estimated in January 2012, medium variant projections) (Nihon no shoraisuikei jinko, 2012nen 1gatsu suikei), http://www.ipss.go.jp/syoushika/tohkei/newest04/sh2401smm.html, accessed on February 21, 2017 (in Japanese).
- Mazower, Mark. (2014, February 6). Baby boomers have blighted their children’s prospects. Financial Times. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3af689d4-81cd-11e3-87d5-00144feab7de.html, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- Menon, Jayant and Anna Melendez-Nakamura. (2009). Aging in Asia: Trends, impacts and responses. Asian Development Bank Working Paper Series on Regional Economic Integration No. 25. https://www.adb.org/publications/aging-asia-trends-impacts-and-responses, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- MHLW. (2014). Vital Statistics Summary 2013 (2013-nen Jinkou Doutai Toukei kakutei chi no gaikyou, Hyou 3-2). http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/jinkou/kakutei13/dl/07_h3-2.pdf, accessed on August 7, 2017 (in Japanese).
- MHLW. (n.d.). For Your Well-being during Pregnancy and Delivery (information sheet). http://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/kodomo/boshi-hoken10/dl/02.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016.
- MLIT. (2013, June 18). Report on the investigation and meeting on the Sasago Tunnel accident (Tonneru tenjoban no rakkajiko ni kansuru chosa kentoiinkai). http://www.mlit.go.jp/road/ir/ir-council/tunnel/pdf/130618_houkoku.pdf, accessed on September 25, 2016 (in Japanese).
- OECD. (2014, December). Focus on inequality and growth. https://www.oecd.org/social/Focus-Inequality-and-Growth-2014.pdf, accessed on February 2, 2017.
- Oguchi, Yujiro, Ryuichi Narita & Sanae Fukuto (eds). (2014). A new system of Japanese history 9: The history of gender (Shintaikeinihonshi9 jendashi). Tokyo: Yamakawa Publishing.Google Scholar
- Piketty, Thomas. (2014). Capital in the twenty-first century. Cambridge, MA: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
© Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation 2018