This chapter considers the place of publication of research in higher degree training programs. The following chapters in this book are the result of an exploration of what transformative processes might be entailed in higher degree research supervision and education to assist candidates to make a transition in identity and practice from being a student to being a researcher. This transition is examined from two perspectives.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Borthwick, J., & Wissler, R. (2003). Postgraduate research students and generic capabilities: Online directions. Canberra: DEST.Google Scholar
- Catterall, J., Ross. P., Aitchison, C., & Burgin, S. (2011). Pedagogical approaches that facilitate writing in postgraduate research candidature in science and technology. Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 8(2), Article 7. Retrieved from http://ro.uow.edu.au/jutlp/vol8/iss2/7/
- Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research. (2011). Research skills for an innovative future. Canberra: Author.Google Scholar
- Edwards, D., Bexley, E., & Richardson, S. (2011). Regenerating the academic workforce. Melbourne: CSHE & ACER.Google Scholar
- Thein, A. H. & Beach, R. (2010). Mentoring doctoral students towards publication within scholarly communities of practice. In C. Aitchison, B. Kamler & A. Lee (Eds.), Publishing pedagogies for the doctorate and beyond (pp. 117–136). Oxford: Routledge.Google Scholar