Bismuth-Titanate Bi2Ti2O7 Crystallization in the Bi2O3/TiO2/SiO2/Nd2O3 System
Electronic devices for high frequency applications become more and more useful in recent years. The general aim of this study is to demonstrate a way to synthesize compositions from the system Bi2O3/TiO2/SiO2/Nd2O3 in which only one crystalline phase is present: bismuth-titanate pyrochlore (Bi2Ti2O7). Synthesis was performed in two successive steps: a starting oxide homogenization in 15 min and melting at temperatures of 1100 °C and 1450 °C, respectively. The free cooling was carried out to room temperature with about 100 K/min. The phase composition of selected samples was determined by X-ray diffraction (XRD) analysis. The microstructure was observed by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR) was applied in order to identify the structure and microcrystals distribution in the matrix. Thorough control of the initial amounts of the starting composition leads to obtain monophase polycrystalline glass-ceramics and ceramics containing the phase Bi2Ti2O7.
KeywordsPyrochlore oxides Bismuth-titanates Glass-crystalline materials
This work was financially supported by Swap and Transfer, Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Mobility Lot 12, Grant ID number SAT-2542.
- 5.Lee CK, Kim WS, Park H-H (2004) Structural and electrical properties of Nd2Ti2O7/Y2O3/Si structures through interface treatment. Thin Solid Films 155–159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsf.2004.06.020
- 12.Kojima S, Imaizumi R, Hamazaki S, Takashige M (1995) Raman study of ferroelectric bismuth layer-oxides ABi4Ti4O15. J Mol Struct 37:348Google Scholar
- 15.Roy J, Bandyopadhyay N, Das S, Maitra S (2011) Studies on the formation of mullite from diphasic Al2O3-SiO2 gel by fourier transform infrared spectroscopy. Iran J Chem Chem Eng 30:1Google Scholar
- 16.Todea M, Simon S (2007) Vibrational spectroscopic study on iron doped silica-bismuthate glasses and glass ceramics. J Optoelectron Adv Mater 9(3):621Google Scholar
- 17.Slavov S, Dimitriev Y (2016) Glass formation in the system Bi2O3-TiO2-SiO2. J Chem Technol Metall 51(5):536–546Google Scholar
- 18.Stanek CR, Minekviki Z, Grimes RW (2002) Nonstoihiometry in A2B2O7 pyrochlores. J Am Ceram Soc 85(11):792–798Google Scholar