Research Work on the J System of Insemination Bulls in the German Democratic Republic
Up to the present time our Laboratory was mainly occupied with the production of test sera. This work did not yet permit to carry out additional comprehensive research work. However, there was an opportunity to carry out research work concerning the J system of insemination bulls in spring of 1964 without an important expense of labour. To provide the basis for further investigations, our object was to clear the situation with regard to the J substance in the blood plasma (Js) and the presence of anti-J in the cattle breeds existing in our country. The animals investigated originate exclusively from the pedigree breeding and can disclose information on their conditions in this respect.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Braend, M. (1959). Blood groups of cattle in Norway. Skandinavisk Bladforlag.Google Scholar
- Elliot, A. and Ferguson, L. C. (1956). J. Immunol. 76, 78 — 82.Google Scholar
- Jamieson, A. (1958). Animal Breeding Research Organisation Report. Edinburgh.Google Scholar
- Neimann-Sörensen, A., Rendel, J. and Stone, W. H. (1954): J. Immunol. 73, 407 — 414.Google Scholar
- Osterhoff, D. und Rendel, J. (1954). Zschr. Tierz. u. Zücht. biol. 63, 1—20.Google Scholar
- Stormont, C. (1949). Proc. Nat. Acad. Sei. 35, 232—237.Google Scholar