Investigations on the Blood Groups of Wisents (Bison Bonasus) and Hybrids in Comparison with the Blood Groups of Cattle
The scope of research work of our Institute includes research studies on various blood traits in domestic cattle and domestic fowl, as well as in some other animal species, such as wisents and hybrids. The primary aim of carrying out the research studies on wisents, initiated by Professor Czaja, was to delineate their blood group traits and to determine the degree of genetic variation within that strongly inbred, relict population in Poland. In spite of a several years’ work, the obtained results are rather scanty, because, up to now, only the individuals withdrawn from breeding have been used for investigations. Nevertheless, the methods and laboratory aids and appliances adapted to the research work as well as the wisent experimental material permitted to develop research studies, rather theoretical in nature, as a means of determining the existing relationship and differences between the wisent and domestic cattle blood properties, and detecting possible evolutionary changes in the blood traits.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gasparski, J. and S. Dubiski (1962). Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 97: 285—295.Google Scholar
- Gasparski, J. and A. Gerner-Nowakowa (1963). Immunogenetics Letter 3 /1: 65 — 67.Google Scholar
- Gasparski, J., M. Krasinska and E. Szynkiewicz (1963). Immunogenetics Letter 3 /1: 68 — 70.Google Scholar
- Gasparski, J. and S. Dubiski. (1963). Acta Theriologica 7 /16: 317 — 320.Google Scholar
- Gasparski, J.,M. Krasinska andE. Szynkiewicz (1963). Acta Theriologica 7 /15: 311 — 315.Google Scholar
- Gasparski, J. (1964). Biuletyn 4, Z. H. D. Z. P. A. N.Google Scholar