Adiabatic Photoreactions in Acidified Solutions of 4-Methylumbelliferone
4-Methylumbelliferone fluoresces in the spectral range from the near ultraviolet to the red region if dissolved in acidified mixtures of alcohol and water /1/. In all this spectral region even the Laser treshold can easily be exceeded so that a useful dye Laser has been achieved the strong and polarized radiation of which can be tuned by a swivel-mounted grating /2/. There are at least 5 Laser active species in those solutions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /2/.Takakusa, M. and Itoh, U., Opt.Comm. 1973, 8–10Google Scholar
- /3/.Lippert, E., in “The hydrogen bond”, Eds. P.Schuster etal., North-Holland Publ.Co., Amsterdam 1976Google Scholar
- /4/.Nakashima, M., Sousa, J.A. and Clapp, R C, Nature 1972, 235, 16–18Google Scholar
- /9/.Kindt, T., Lippert, E. and Rapp, W., Z.Naturforschung, 1972, 27a, 1371–1373Google Scholar
- /10/.Lippert, E. in “Organic Mol.Photophysics”, Vol. 2, Ed. J.B.Birks, Wiley and Sons, London 1975Google Scholar