A Survey of Recent Results on Optimal Recovery
A survey of work in the field of optimal recovery of functions was presented in Micchelli and Rivlin  (henceforth referred to as M-R). Our purpose in these three lectures is to reintroduce the notion of optimal recovery and give a selective survey of additional work in that area.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Melkman, A. A. and C. A. Micchelli, Optimal estimation of linear operators in Hilbert spaces from inaccurate data, IBM Research Report, RC 7175, 1978.Google Scholar
- 7.Micchelli, C. A., Optimal estimation of smooth functions from inaccurate data, IBM Research Report, RC 7024, 1978.Google Scholar
- 9.Micchelli, C. A. and T. J. Rivlin, Optimal recovery of best approximations, IBM Research Report, RC 7071, 1978.Google Scholar
- 10.Newman, D. J., Rational approximation to |x|, Michigan Math. J. 11 (1964), 11–14.Google Scholar
- 11.Rivlin, T. J., Some aspects of optimal recovery, IBM Research Report, RC 6755, 1977.Google Scholar