The Luminosity Function of Quasars and Low Luminosity Active Galactic Nuclei
The quasar luminosity function is extended to include the nuclear luminosities of Seyfert 1 galaxies. The model is fitted to the (total) luminosity data for the active galaxies from a complete flux-limited survey. A good fit is obtained with dN/dL∝L-1.2, matching onto the steeper quasar luminosity function near MB=-22. The feature thus produced conforms to the luminosity functions of Koo and Kron using a pure luminosity evolution model derived from brighter quasar data.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boyle, B.J., Shanks, T., Fong, R. and Clowes, R.G. 1985, M.N.R.A.S., submitted.Google Scholar
- Huchra, J. P., 1985, in preparation.Google Scholar
- Koo, D. C. and Kron, R. G. 1985 in preparation.Google Scholar
- Marshall, H. L., 1985a, Ap. J., submitted.Google Scholar
- Marshall, H. L. 1985b, in preparation.Google Scholar