A New Complete Sample of Faint, Optically Selected Quasars: Comparison with Previous Results
We present the results on a new sample of faint, optically selected quasar candidates. Two different search techniques (multicolour and grism) have been applied to the same field of 0.69 square degrees. The cross-check of the two lists of candidates allows us to estimate the level of completeness of each technique. We find about 50 quasars per square degree with J<21.0. In the magnitude range J=21–22 our results are in very good agreement with those of other existing surveys.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boyle,B.J., Fong,R., Shanks,T., and Peterson,B.A. 1986, This Volume.Google Scholar
- Filippenko,A. 1986, This Volume.Google Scholar
- Koo,D.C. 1983, Proceedings of the 24th Liege International Astrophysical Colloquium on “Quasars and Gravitational Lenses”, p. 240.Google Scholar
- Koo,D.C. 1986, This Volume.Google Scholar
- Marshall,H.L. 1985, Ap.J., in press.Google Scholar
- Schmidt,M. 1986, This Volume.Google Scholar