Parallel Structures for Robot Wrists
An increasing number of researches are currently devoted to parallel manipulators. We show in this paper that attracting parallel structures may be used as wrists, with three intersecting rotational axes. Solutions are proposed and discussed. Corresponding inverse kinematics model is derived.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Angeles 86]J. Angeles, A. Ben-Zvi, “Dynamic modeling of a planar three-degree-offreedom parallel manipulator”, Winter Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California, pp. 341349, dec. 1986.Google Scholar
- [Clavel 88]R. Clavel, “DELTA, a fast robot with parallel geometry”, Proc. 18th Int. Symp. on Industrial Robots, Lausanne, Switzerland, pp. 91–100, april 1988.Google Scholar
- [Inoue 86]H. Inoue, Y. Tsusaka, T. Fukuizumi, “Parallel Manipulator”, Robotics Research, The 3 rd International Symposium, The MIT Press, Cambridge, pp. 321327, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Merlet 87]J.-P. Merlet, “Parallel manipulators, Part 1: theory, design, kinematics, dynamics and control”, Research Report, INRIA, N° 646, march 1987.Google Scholar
- [Merlet 88]J.-P. Merlet, “Parallel manipulators, Part 2: singular configurations and Grassmann geometry”, Research Report, INRIA, N° 791, feb. 1988.Google Scholar
- [Nguyen 88]C.C. Nguyen, F.J. Pooran, “Kinematics and dynamics of a six-degreeof-freedom robot manipulator with closed kinematic chain mechanism”, Proc. 2nd Int. Symp. on Robotics and Manufacturing, Albuquerque, N.M., pp. 351–359, nov. 1988.Google Scholar
- [Pierrot 89]F. Pierrot, A. Fournier, “The DELTA parallel robot: towards the dynamic control”, Proc. Int. Workshop on Sensorial Integration for Industrial Robots, Zaragoza, Spain, pp. 97–101, nov. 1989.Google Scholar
- [Pierrot 90a]
- [Pierrot 90b]F. Pierrot, M. Benoit, P. Dauchez, J.M. Galmiche, “Fast control of a parallel robot”, Int. Workshop on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Tsuchiura, Japan, july 1990.Google Scholar
- [Reboulet 89]C. Reboulet, V. Fuentes, B. Gasmi, “Use of an active compliant device for industrial applications”, Proc. Int. Workshop on Sensorial Integration for Industrial Robots, Zaragoza, Spain, pp. 80–85, nov. 1989.Google Scholar
- [Sternheim 87]F. Sternheim, “Computation of the direct and inverse kinematic models of the DELTA 4 parallel robot”, Robotersysteme, Vol. 3, pp. 199–203, 1987.Google Scholar