Evaluation of Loop Constraints of General Closed-Chain Linkages
The evaluation of loop constraints is presented for dynamic modeling of general closed-chain systems in terms of a minimum coordinate set. These procedures are based on higher order kinematic relationships between hypothetically open chain reference coordinates(system Lagrangian coordinates) and a set of independent closed-chain coordinates(system generalized coordinates). Three different approaches for determining/ evaluating loop constraints, both numerically and symbolically, are investigated and discussed with respect to their relative computational merits.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wittenburg, J., “Dynamics of Systems of Rigid Bodies”, Stuttgart, FRG: B. G. Teubner, 1977.Google Scholar
- Nakamura, Y. and Ghodoussi, M., “A Computational Scheme of Closed Link Robot Dynamics Derived by d’Alembert Principle”, IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 1354–1360, 1988.Google Scholar
- Murray, J.J., and Lovell, G.H., “Dynamic Modeling of Closed-Chain Robotic Manipulators and Implications for Trajectory Control”, IEEE Tran. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.5, No. 4 August, 1989.Google Scholar
- Walker, M.W.,“A Unified Approach to Manipulator Modeling”, IEEE Conf. Vol. 2, pp. 729–736, 1985.Google Scholar
- Li, Chang-Jin,“A New Lagrangian Formulation of Dynamics for Robot Manipulators”, J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol. 111, pp. 559–567, Dec., 1989.Google Scholar
- Walker, M.W. and Orin, D.E.,“Efficient Dynamic Computer Simulation of Robotic Mechanisms”, ASME J. D.n. Syst. Meas. Cont., Vol. 104, No. 3., pp. 205–211, Sept. 1982.Google Scholar
- Freeman, R.A., and Tesar, D., “Dynamic Modeling of Serial and Parallel Mechanisms Robotic Systems, Part I - Methodology, Part II - Applications”, Trends and Developments in Mechanisms, Machines, and Robotics, 20th Biennial Mechanisms Conf., Kissimmee, Florida, 1988.Google Scholar
- Baumgarte,J.,“Stabilization of constraints and Integrals of Motion”, Compu. Math. in Appl. Mech. Eng. 1, pp.1–16, 1972.Google Scholar