The Greater Earth
“Is our modern world ready to accept that some spaces and some resources cannot be nationally appropriated? It would seem so. Is it ready to think about subjecting the economic gains of the exploitation of these resources to a universal democratic process by ignoring the differences in the technological and financial levels of members of the international community? As international relations stand, it would seem not.”48
KeywordsCommon Property Celestial Body Outer Space Geostationary Orbit Indian Tribe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 48.Voeckel, Michel, 1990. Quoted in Akbar, Sabine. “La lune, patrimoine commun de l’humanité?”. IFRI memo, 2006.Google Scholar
- 50.Salomon, Jean-Jacques. Survivre à la science. Une certaine idée du futur. Paris: Albin Michel, 2000: 43.Google Scholar
- 51.Lebeau, André. L’Espace. Les enjeux et les mythes. Paris: Hachette, 1998: 140.Google Scholar
- 52.See Pop, Virgiliu. Unreal Estate. The Men who Sold the Moon. www.virgiliu.com, 2006.
- 53.Quoted in Arnould, Jacques. La Seconde Chance d’Icare. Paris: Cerf, 2001: 149.Google Scholar
- 54.Lesgards, Roger. Conquête spatiale et démocratie. Paris: Presses de Sciences Po, 1998: 89.Google Scholar
- 55.Ibid. 93.Google Scholar