Compressible laminar boundary layer with heat transfer and pressure gradient
Exact solutions are obtained for Stewartson’s equations of the compressible laminar boundary layer including the effects of heat transfer and pressure gradient. Then, after formulation of an extension of Thwaites’ method to include the effects of heat transfer, the exact solutions are used to evaluate the necessary parameters of the new method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohen, C. B.: Similar Solutions for the Laminar Compressible Boundary Layer with Heat Transfer and Pressure Gradient, and Application to Integral Methods. Dissertation, Princeton University, May 1954.Google Scholar
- Cohen, C. B., and Reshotko, E.: Similar Solutions for the Compressible Laminar Boundary Layer with Heat Transfer and Pressure Gradient. NACA TN 3325.Google Scholar
- Cohen, C. B., and Reshotko, E.: The Compressible Laminar Boundary Layer with Heat Transfer and Arbitrary Pressure Gradient. NACA TN 3326.Google Scholar
- Falkner, V. M., and Skan, Sylvia W.: Some Approximate Solutions of the Boundary Layer Equations. A.R.C. R. and M. 1314, April 1930.Google Scholar
- Crocco, L.: The Laminar Boundary Layer in Gases. Monographie Scientifiche di Aeronautica, no. 3, Dec. 1946 (Translation North American CF-1038).Google Scholar
- Brown, Byron W., and Donoughe, Patrick L.: Tables of Exact Laminar-Boundary-Layer Solutions When the Wall is Porous and the Fluid Properties are Variable. NACA TN 2479, 1951.Google Scholar