Control and Data Structures
In this chapter we briefly describe the data structure definitions which are already available in conventional C. We explain how these data structures and control statements can be used in C++.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Occasionally the name is left out; c.f. Program 136 for an example.Google Scholar
- 2.It is even possible to assign the same value twice to different names with explicit initialization.Google Scholar
- 3.Another application of this operator is to access a name which was overwritten by the same name in a closer block, as later in Program 121. Various other sophisticated applications of this operator are possible but not treated in this book.Google Scholar
- 4.The fields in structures can be used simultaneously!Google Scholar
- 5.In Program 20 one can create illegal bit patterns for the double field when the union is written with the long field and then read using the double field.Google Scholar
- 6.lnheritance in C++ (Chapter 13) can in many cases substitute unions in C.Google Scholar
- 7.This behavior is machine dependent; you should not rely on it.Google Scholar