In the Cytogenetics simulation, you begin in an ultrasound examination room where a young mother‐to‐be receives an abnormal ultrasound result. Your task is to use the power of cytogenetics to identify the underlying cause of the result and to inform her about the possible outcomes for her unborn child.
- Alberts B et al (2015) The molecular biology of the cell, 6th edn. Garland Science, AbingdonGoogle Scholar
- Hartwell L et al (2015) Genetics: from genes to genomes, 5th edn. McGraw-Hill, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Miron PM (2012) Preparation, culture, and analysis of amniotic fluid samples. Curr Protoc Hum Genet 98(1):8–4Google Scholar
- O’Connor C (2008) Karyotyping for chromosomal abnormalities. Nat Educ 1(1):27Google Scholar
- Urry LA et al (2014) Campbell biology, 10th edn. Pearson, BostonGoogle Scholar