On the basis of traditional form of macroscopic Maxwell equations, several inherent problems are pointed out. In order to find its logically more complete form, it is argued to derive it from a reliable higher-rank theory through long wavelength approximation, i.e., to put it in an appropriate position within the single hierarchy of all the EM response theories interrelated via a series of valid approximations.
- 3.Lorentz, H.A.: The Theory of Electrons. Teubner, Leipzig (1916)Google Scholar
- 4.Slichter, C.P.: Principles of Magnetic Resonance. Harper & Row, New York (1963)Google Scholar
- 5.Oppenheimer, J.R.: Lectures on Electrodynamics. Gordon and Breach, New York (1970)Google Scholar
- 9.Brenig, W.: Statistical Theory of Heat, p. 152. Springer, Berlin (1989)Google Scholar
- 10.Nelson, D.F.: Electric, Optic, and Acoustic Interactions in Dielectrics. Wiley, New York (1979)Google Scholar