Joint inaugural address: Biorheology as an organized science
It is my privilege and great pleasure as President of the International Society of Biorheology and President of the First International Congress of Biorheology to give you the greetings of the membership of our Society. We are happy and proud to be here in Lyon and have our first Congress convened jointly with the VI. International Congress on Rheology. We are grateful to the members of the International Committee on Rheology for having sponsored this joint venture. We are grateful as well to the members of the Organizing Committee of the VI. International Congress on Rheology and in particular we thank its President Professor Vallet and its Secretary Dr. Smadja for everything they have done to make us welcome here in Lyon and for taking over the chores in the administration of our Congress in association with that of the Congress on Rheology.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Copley, A. L., Proc. Internat. Congress on Rheology, Scheveningen, Holland, 1948, Vol. 1, p. 47 (Amsterdam and New York 1949).Google Scholar
- 4).Copley, A. L. and G. Stainsby (Eds.), Flow Properties of Blood and Other Biological Systems (Oxford and New York 1960).Google Scholar
- 5).Copley, A. L. (Ed.), Symposium on Biorheology, Proc. 4. Internat. Congress on Rheology, Providence, R. I., U.S.A., 1963, part 4 (New York 1965).Google Scholar
- 6).Frasher jr., W. G. and H. Wayland, Biorheology 2, 55 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7).Copley, A. L. (Ed.), Hemorheology. Proc. 1. International Conference, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, 1966 (Oxford and New York 1968).Google Scholar
- 8).Joly, M., in: Hemorheology. Proc. 1. Internat. Conference, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, 1966, p. 29, Ed. A. L. Copley (Oxford and New York 1968).Google Scholar
- 9).Harten, H.H. and A. L. Copley, Theoretical and Clinical Hemorheology. Proc. 2. Internat. Conf., Internat. Soc. Hemorheology, University of Heidelberg, 1969, Heidelberg (Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 1971).Google Scholar
- 10).Copley, A. L. and V. I. Vorob’ev, Symposium XL Biorheology. Program IV. Internat. Biophysics Congress, Moscow, U.S.S.R., 1972, p. 90; Proceedings, Academy of Sciences of the U.S.S.R. (Moscow, in press).Google Scholar
- 11).Bernard, C., Leçons sur les phenomènes de la vie communs aux animaux et aux vegetaux. p. 113 (Paris 1878).Google Scholar
- 12).Bernard, C., An Introduction to the Study of Experimental Medicine. Translated by H. Copley Green, p. 226 (New York 1957).Google Scholar