Failure process of concrete under fatigue loading
The paper deals with the behaviour of concrete under cyclically repeated central pressure. It presents, on the basis of experimental results, the character of physical changes in the macrostructure of the concrete, due to fatigue loading, as well as the most important feature of the investigated phenomenon: the mechanism of the concrete fatigue. On the basis of the testing method it discusses also both the changes of strain properties and strength of the concrete, as a function of the number of load cycles.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Béres, L., RILEM Bulletin, New Series, No. 36, pp. 185–190 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2).Béres, L., Relationship of Deformational Processes and Structure Changes in Concrete. Structure, Solid Mechanics and Engineering Design. The Proceedings of the Southampton 1969 Civil Engineering Materials Conference, pp. 643-651.Google Scholar
- 3).Bennet, E. W. and N. K. Raju, Cumulative Fatigue Damage of Plain Concrete in Compression. Structure, Solid Mechanics and Engineering Design. The Proceedings of the Southampton 1969 Civil Engineering Materials Conference. pp. 1089-1102.Google Scholar
- 4).Shah, S. P. and S. Chandra, ACI Journal, Proceedings 67, No. 4, p. 816 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5).Antrim, J. D., The Mechanism of Fatigue in Cement Paste and Plain Concrete. Highway Research Record, No. 210, pp. 95-107 (1967).Google Scholar