Finite Element Analysis of Deep Foundations Subjected to Uplift Loading
The study of foundations subjected to pull-out forces has been developed very much in the last years in Brazil. The necessity of transmission towers, self-supporting and guyed, with greater dimensions, is basically a product of a possible future growing demand of electrical energy in the great urban centres. Allied to this, there is more potency transmitted per line. As this power, in Brazil, comes from far locations, like Itaipu for example, a secure and economical design for each tower will avoid extra costs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barata, F.E.; Pacheco, M.P.; Danziger, F.A.B. and Pinto, C.P. (1979) Foundations under pulling loads in residual soils — Analysis and application of the results of load tests. Proc. 6th Panam. Conf. SMFE, Lima, Peru.Google Scholar
- Duncan, J.M. and Chang, C.-Y. (1970) Non-linear Analysis of Stress and Strain in Soils. Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, Proc. ASCE, Vol. 96, No. SM5, September, pp.495–498.Google Scholar
- Goodman, R.E. (1976) Methods of Geological Engineering in Discontinuous Rocks. West Publishing Co.Google Scholar
- Lade, P.V. (1972) The Stress-Strain and Strength Characteristics of Cohesionless Soils. Thesis presented to the University of California, Berkeley in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.Google Scholar
- Martin, D. (1973) Calcul des Pieux et Fondations a Dalle des Pylones de Transport D’Énergie Électrique — Étude Théorique et Resultats d’Essais en Laboratoire et in-situ. Annales de L’Institut Technique du Batiment et des Travaux Publics, No. 307–308, Juillet-Août, pp. 106–131.Google Scholar
- Ruffier, A.P. (1985) Analysis of Foundations submitted to pull-out forces by the Finite Element Method. Thesis presented to COPPE at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Sciences (in Portuguese).Google Scholar
- Werneck, M.L.G.; Jardim, W.F.D. and Almeida, M.S.S. (1979) Deformation Modulus of a Gneissic Residual Soil Determined from Plate Loading Tests. Solos e Rochas, Vol. 2, December, pp. 3–17.Google Scholar