Computer Package for Reservoir Yield Estimation
The computer package for the single multi-purpose reservoir yield estimation based on the implicit stochastic model is presented in the paper. A three level algorithm is proposed for the reservoir yield computation at the first level, the simulation approach is used for computing the objective function. The second level gives computation of the seasonal reservoir operating rules. The approach used for deriving the reservoir operating rules is based on the nonlinear unconstrained mu1tivari ab1e programming method of M.J.D. Powell. The third level is used for estimating the single multi-purpose reservoir yield based on the predefined relative level of supply. It is the Fibonacci search procedure that is used for the optimization of the reservoir yield at this level. The computer package described in this paper has been used for estimating the reservoir yield as the first stage in the cration of the Water Master Plan for the Repu blic of Serbia.
- 2.Biswas, A.K. (1976) Editor. Systems Approach to Water Management, McGraw-Hill Book Company.Google Scholar
- 3.Haïmes, Y.Y. (1977) Hierarchical Analysis of Water Resources Systems, McGraw-Hill Book Co.Google Scholar
- 7.Loucks D.P. et all. (1981) Water Resource System: Planning and Analysis, Prentice-Hall Inc., New York.Google Scholar
- 8.Texas Water Development Board (1974) Analytical Techniques for Planning Complex Water Resource Systems, Report 183.Google Scholar
- 9.Young G.K. (1966) Techniques for Finding Reservoir Operating Rules, Ph.D. dissertation, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.Google Scholar