Development of Expert System for Fault Diagnosis in HVDC Systems Using Spectral Approach
This paper deals with system identification technique and development of expert system. The first part of the paper deals with system state identification and fault detection method, which in turn will be used to build the expert system. The second part of the paper deals with problems associated with development of expert system and some primary results obtained. The application of the expert system will ultimately be done for the fault diagnosis and to achieve better system recovery from the faults by adjusting controller parameters.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Pao, Yoh-Han (1982), “Feasibility of Using Associating Memories for Static Security Assessment of Power System Overloads”. Final Report for EPRI EL-2343 Project 1047–2.Google Scholar
- Pao, Yoh-Han and et.al, (1985), “Acquiring a Qualitative Understanding of System Behavior through AI Inductive Inference”, IFAC, Symposium on Planning & Operation of Electric Energy Systems, pp. 35–41, Brazil.Google Scholar
- Fujiwara, R. and et.al, (1985), “An Intelligent Load Flow Engine for Power System Planning” . PICA Conf erence , San Francisco, pp. 236–249.Google Scholar
- Liu, C.C. and Tomsovic, K. (1985), “An Expert System Assisting Decision Making of Reactive Power/Voltage Control, ibid.Google Scholar
- Kailath, T. (Ed), (1974), IEEE Automatic Control, “Special Issue on System Identification and Time Series Analysis”. Vol. AC-19, Dec., 1979, No. 6.Google Scholar
- Kalra, P.K. (1985), “Development of Knowledge-Based System for Fault Analysis of HVDC System” , presented in Midwest Symposium at Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A.Google Scholar
- Zarowski, C.J., and Yunik, M., (1985), “Spectral Filtering Using Fast Walsh Transforms”, paper presented at IASTED Conference on Applied Signal Processing and Digital Filtering, June 19–21, 1985, Paris, France.Google Scholar