An Artificial Intelligence Approach to the Modelling of the User-Computer Communications
This paper describes a knowledge-based user interface system which has unique features in combined use of flexible parsing, explanation facility and graphics . The system uses frame as the media of user-computer communications , and adapts to user’s level and incomplete input. One of the important facilities of the system is explanation facility. This facility provides online helps of applications in the user interface via which users can obtain a consistent helps that display summary information, command descriptions, explanation of error message and other online documentation. The use of the explanation facility and knowledge database provides a common interface between many types of applications and user interface system, and separa tes the functions of application and user interaction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /ANSI84/.ANSI (1 984) Draft VDI. X3H3 84 – 45 .Google Scholar
- /ANSI85/.ANSI (1985) PHIGS draftrevised. X3H3 85–21.Google Scholar
- /CHRI81/.Christiansen, H. et al (1981) Movie.BYU Training Manual. Brigham Young University.Google Scholar
- /HAYE83/.Hayes-Roth, F. et al ed. (1983) Building Expert System. Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- /KASI82/.Kasik, D.J. (1982) A User Interface Management System. Proc.of SIGGRAPH 82, pp99–106.Google Scholar
- /RELL81/.Relles, N., and Price, L.A. (1981) A User for Online Assistance. Proc.of the 5th International Coference on Software Engineering, IEEE, pp400–408.Google Scholar
- /WINS84/.Winston, P.H., and Horn, B.K.P. LISP 2nd Edition. Addison Wesley.Google Scholar
- /WONG82/.Wong, P.C.S. (1982) FLAIR — User Interface Dialog Design Tool. Proc.of SIGGRAPH 82, pp87–98.Google Scholar