Embedding OR Techniques in Constraint Logic Programming
Constraint logic programming has been one of the major developments in the area of declarative programming during the last five years [Col87, JL87, DvHS+88, ASS+88]. The main idea is to combine the expressive power of a logic programming language similar to PROLOG with the efficiency of a constraint solver for a specific domain of computation. The most important constraint domains that have been considered so far are linear arithmetic over real or rational numbers, Boolean algebra, finite domains, and lists.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [ASS+88]A. Aiba, K. Sakai, Y. Sato, D.J. Kawley, and R. Hasegawa. Constraint logic programming language CAL. In Fifth Generation Computer Systems, Tokyo, 1988. Springer, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Bar92]P. Barth. CLP(PB): A Meta-Interpreter in CLP(R). Technical report, MaxPlanck-Institut für Informatik, Saarbrücken, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Boc92]A. Bockmayr. Logic programming with pseudo-Boolean constraints. In A. Colmerauer and F. Benhamou, editors, Constraint Logic Programming — Selected Research. MIT Press, 1992. (to appear).Google Scholar
- [CoI87]A. Colmerauer. Introduction to PROLOG III. In 4th Annual ESPRIT Conference, Bruxelles. North Holland, 1987.Google Scholar
- [DvHS+88]M. Dincbas, P. van Hentenryck, H. Simonis, A. Aggoun, and T. Graf. The constraint logic programming language CHIP. In Fifth Generation Computer Systems, Tokyo, 1988. Springer, 1988.Google Scholar
- [HJM89]P. Hansen, B. Jaumard, and V. Mathon. Constrained nonlinear 0-1 programmmg. Technical Report RRR 47-89, Rutgers Center for Operations Research, 1989.Google Scholar
- [HR68]P.L. Hammer and S. Rudeanu. Boolean Methods in Operations Research and Related Areas. Springer, 196Google Scholar
- [JL87]J. Jaffar and J.-L. Lassez. Constraint logic programming. In Proc. 14th ACM Symp. Principles of Programming Languages, Munich, 1987.Google Scholar
- [JMSY90]Joxan Jaffar, Spiro Michaylov, Peter Stuckey, and Roland Yap. The CLP(R) language and system. Technical Report RC 16292 (#72336) 11/15/90, IBM Research Division, November 1990.Google Scholar