Transmission of Reliability Properties among Record Values from Non-Identically Distributed Random Variables
In reliability theory classes of distributions are considered, which describe the length of life of components or systems. When considering such classes, one is interested in knowing whether we have certain transmission properties at hand. Does the IFR (DFR) property of some distribution imply the IFR (DFR) property of a given statistic?
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ascher HE, Feingold H (1984) Repairable Systems Reliability. Dekker New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Barlow RE, Proschan F (1981) Statistical Theory of Reliability and Life Testing. To Begin With Silver SpringGoogle Scholar
- Chandler KN (1952) The distribution and frequency of record values. J R Statist Soc B 14: 220–228Google Scholar
- David HA (1981) Order Statistics. 2nd ed Wiley New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Pfeifer D (1979) Record Values in einem stochastischen Modell mit nicht-identischen Verteilungen. Dissertation. Aachen University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar