Adaptive Model-Based Control of Non-linear Plants Using Soft Computing Techniques
We describe in this paper adaptive model-based control of non-linear plants using soft computing techniques. First, the general concept of adaptive model-based control is described. Second, the use of fuzzy logic for adaptive control is described. Third, a neuro-fuzzy approach is proposed to learn the parameters of the fuzzy system for control. A specific non-linear plant is used to test the hybrid approach for adaptive control. A particular stepping motor was used as test bed in the experiments. The results of the neuro-fuzzy approach were good, both in accuracy and efficiency.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Castillo, O. and Melin, P. (1998). “A new fuzzy-fractal-genetic method for automated mathematical modelling and simulation of robotic dynamic systems,” Proceedings of FUZZ’98, Anchorage, Alaska, Vol. 2, pp. 1182–1187.Google Scholar
- 3.Castillo, O. and Melin, P. (1999). “A new fuzzy inference system for reasoning with multiple differential equations for modelling complex dynamical systems,” IOS Press, Vienna Austria, pp. 224–229.Google Scholar
- 4.Castillo, O. and Melin, P. (2001). Soft Computing for Control of Non-Linear Dynamical Systems, Springer-Verlag, Heilderberg, Germany.Google Scholar
- 5.Chen, G. and Pham, T.T. (2001). Introduction to Fuzzy Sets Fuzzy Logic and Fuzzy Control SystemsCRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.Google Scholar
- 6.Fu, K.S., Gonzalez, R.C. and Lee, C.S.G. (1987). Robotics: Control, Sensing, Vision and Intelligence,Mc Graw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 7.Jang, J.S.R., Sun, C.T., and Mizutani E. (1997). Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing,Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- 8.Kenjo, T. and Sugawara, A. (1994). Stepping motors, Oxford Science Publications.Google Scholar
- 10.Mamdani, E H (1974). “Application of fuzzy algorithms for control of a simple dynamic plant,” Proc. Of IEEE, Vol. 121, pp. 1585–1588.Google Scholar
- 11.Melin, P. and Castillo, O. (1998). “An adaptive model-based neuro-fuzzy-fractal controller for biochemical reactors in the food industry,” Proceedings of IJCNN’98, Anchorage Alaska, USA, Vol. 1, pp. 106–111.Google Scholar
- 12.Nakamura, S. (1997). Numerical Analysis and Graphic Visualization with MATLAB, Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar