At this Department the adrenal cortex of the mouse has been studied in the electron microscope during recent years. The initial results of the investigation have been published in a preliminary report (11) dealing with the arrangement of the glandular tissue and the structure of the epithelial cells in the glomerular and fascicular zones. Our findings are on the whole similar to those published previously (1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Belt, D. W.: Anat. Rec. 124, 258 (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.BjÖkerud, S., and T. Zelander: This volume p. 437.Google Scholar
- 3.Braunsteiner, H., K.Fellinger and F.Pakesch: Wien. Z. inn. Med. 36, 281 (1955).Google Scholar
- 4.Hamperl, H.: Virchows Arch. path. Anat. 292, 1 (1934).Google Scholar
- 6.Lever, J. D.: Endocrinology 58, 163 (1956).Google Scholar
- 7.Lever, J. D.: J. biophys. biochem. Cytol. 2, Suppl., 293 (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.Lever, J. D.: J. biophys. biochem. Cytol. 2, Suppl., 313 (1956).Google Scholar
- 10.Sjtrand, F.: Acta anat. (Basel) Suppl. I, 1 (1944).Google Scholar