Electron microscopic and diffraction studies of superimposed lamellar crystals
Subsequent to Mitsuishi, Nagasaki and Uyeda (1) having found the moiré fringe on an electron micrograph of graphite, several examples of similar patterns were reported by many investigators (2) with respect to natural or artificially prepared specimens together with the theoretical consideration relating to the image formation and crystallography. The authors also found various kinds of moiré fringes in the electron micrograph of lamellar single crystal of specially prepared colloidal gold whose crystal habit and relating characters were reported in previous papers (3). The newly found moiré fringes contain those which appeared not only on the superimposed region of two or more lamellae but also on the overlapping part of spiral growth steps. The details of the examples of such moiré fringes are described below.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mitsuishi, T., H. Nagasaki and R. Uyeda: Proc. Japan Acad. 27, 86 (1951).Google Scholar
- Dowell, W. C. T., J. L. Farrant and A. L. G. Rees: E. M. Proc. 1st Reg. Conf. Asia and Oceania p. 320 (1956).Google Scholar
- 3.Suito, E., and N. Uyeda: Proc. Japan Acad. 29, 324 (1953).Google Scholar
- Suito, E., and N. Uyeda: Proc. Japan Acad. 29, 331 (1953).Google Scholar
- Suito, E., and N. Uyeda: Proc. int. Conf. E. M. London p. 224 (1954).Google Scholar