Affirmative and Alternative Discourses and Practices of Knowledge Production and Distribution in Turkey
Over the last decades, digitisation as a form of knowledge production and distribution has become the topic of a multitude of discursive actions, political-ideological practices and research areas. Whereas in the beginning ‘technical/technological’ patterns and mechanisms were emphasised, starting from a supposed ‘value-neutral’ technical-scientific approach, the social notions and impacts of this process have increasingly shaped the debate. This includes the concerns of digital means as means of political organisation and questions of perspectives for a counter-hegemony.
KeywordsPolitical movements Political action Knowledge Emancipation Turkey
- Ayrıntı Dergi [Journal Ayrıntı]. (2016). Kutsal Üçlü: Medya, İktidar ve Sermaye [The Holy Trinity: Media, Power and Capital]. http://ayrintidergi.com.tr/kutsal-uclu-medya-iktidar-ve-sermaye/. Accessed 24 June 2018.
- Bal, O. (2014). Özelleştirmenin Teorik Temelleri ve Türkiye’deki Sonuçları [Theoretical Foundations of Privatization and Results in Turkey], 4–5. (Unpublished presentation). Kocaeli/Turkey. http://akademikpersonel.kocaeli.edu.tr/oguz.bal/bildiri/oguz.bal22.08.2014_12.46.02bildiri.pdf. Accessed 25 June 2018.
- Chomsky, N. (1998). Propaganda and control of the public mind. In R. W. McChesney, E. M. Wood, & J. B. Foster (Eds.), Capitalism and the information age (pp. 179–189). New York: Monthly Review Press.Google Scholar
- Electronic Civil Disobedience, Simulation, and the Public Sphere. (2001). Electronic civil disobedience, simulation, and the public sphere. In Critical Art Ensemble (Ed.), Digital resistance. Explorations in tactical media (pp. 13–28). New York: Brooklyn.Google Scholar
- Çoban, B., & Ataman, B. (2015). Direniş Çağında Alternatif Medya [Alternative Media in the Age of Resistance]. Istanbul: Kafka.Google Scholar
- Dixit, P. (2017). Digitalization—An emerging trend in human ressources planning. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR), 3(4), 2134–2138.Google Scholar
- e-skop. (2010). sanat tarih eleştiri dergisi [art history critique journal] dergisi. http://www.e-skop.com/neden-skop. Accessed 25 June 2018.
- Giritli, N. K., & Gidlund, K. L. (2016). The pastoral power of technology. Rethinking alienation in digital culture. In C. Fuchs & V. Mosco (Eds.), Marx in the age of digital capitalism (pp. 396–412). Leiden: Brill.Google Scholar
- Haydaroğlu, C., & Tatlısu, S. (2016). Turgut Özal Dönemi Yeni Sağ Devlet ve Ekonomik Liberalizm: Devlet ve Piyasa İlişkisinin Politik Ekonomisi [The new right state and economic liberalism in the period of Turgut Özal: Political economy of state and market relationship]. Bilecik Seyh Edebali University Journal of Social Sciences Institute, 1(1), 27–41.Google Scholar
- McChesney, R. W. (1998). The political economy of global communication. In R. W. McChesney, E. M. Wood, & J. B. Foster (Eds.), Capitalism and the information age (pp. 1–26). New York: Monthly Review Press.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Labour and Social Security [Çalışma ve Sosyal Güvenlik Bakanlığı]. (2018). https://www.csgb.gov.tr/media/8122/resm%C4%B0-gazete-20180131-4.pdf. Accessed 24 June 2018.
- Okyayuz, M. (2012). Continuity and change. Immigration policies in germany from the sixties to the present. In S. Paçacı Elitok & T. Straubhaar (Eds.), Turkey, migration and the EU: Potentials, challenges and opportunities (pp. 229–258). Hamburg: Hamburg University Press.Google Scholar
- Rekabetçilik ve Yenilik Sektör Operasyonel Programı [Sectoral Operational Programme in Competition and Innovation]. (2016). https://rekabetcisektorler.sanayi.gov.tr/documents/10184/51258/rysop_turkiye_tr-2772016143713.pdf/0a9c575f-9d99-4e7d-abe5-6b04ab178354. Accessed 24 June 2018.
- STK’lar için dijital medyada içerik üretimi [Content Production for NGOs in Digital Media]. (2016). http://www.sivilsayfalar.org/2016/07/01/stklar-icin-dijital-medyada-icerik-uretimi/. Accessed 25 June 2018.
- Taylan, A. (2012). Alternatif Medya ve Bianet Örneği: Türkiye’de Alternatif Medyaya Dair Etnografik Çalışma [Alternative Media and the Case of Bianet: An Ethnographic Work Concerning Alternativ Media in Turkey]. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Ankara.Google Scholar
- UAÖ-S.O.S. Avrupa; İnsan Hakları ve Göç Kontrolü [UAÖ-S.O.S. Europe; Human Rights and Migration Control]. (2016). http://www.madde14.org/index.php?title=UA%C3%96_-_S.O.S._Avrupa;_%C4%B0nsan_Haklar%C4%B1_ve_G%C3%B6%C3%A7_Kontrol%C3%BC. Accessed 26 June 2018.
- van Mises, L. (1990). Economic Calculation in the Socialist Commonwealth (Translated by S. Adler). Auburn: Ludwig von Mises Institute, Quoted by Wang, Li (2017).Google Scholar
- Yıldırım, M. (2014). E-Devlet ve Yurttaş Odaklı Kamu Yönetimi [E-State and Citizen Focussed Public Administration]. Ankara: Nobel.Google Scholar
- Yılmaz Sert, N. (2015). Sendikalarda Yeni İletişim Teknolojilerinin Kullanımı ve Örgütsel İletişim Faaliyetlerine Etkisi [The Use of New Communication Technologiesin Trade Unions and the Effect on Organizational Communication Activities]. Konya Selçuk University Journal of Communication, 8(4), 104–130.Google Scholar