Thermal stability of Li@C60
The thermal stability of purified endohedral Li@C60 has been studied. There are two endohedral compounds produced from Li+ irradiated C60 that have slightly different stabilities. The endohedral species decay at elevated temperatures on a time scale of a few hours when in solution and exposed to light and air. The dry, purified material has a higher thermal stability and can be sublimed in vacuum to produce thin films of pure endohedral fullerenes.
PACS81.05.Tp Fullerenes and related materials; diamond graphite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Y. Kubozono, H. Maeda,, Y. Takabayashi, K. H.raoka, T. Nakai, S. Kashino, S. Emura, S. Ukita, T. Sogabe: J. Am. Chem. Soc. 118, 6993 (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.N. Shinohara: (private communication)Google Scholar
- 6.A. Gromov, W. Krätschmer, N. Krawez, R. Tellgmann, E.E.B. Campbell: Chem. Commun. 2003 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.N. Krawez, R. Teligmann, A. Gromov, W. Krätschmer, I.V. Hertel, E.E.B. Campbell: J. Mol. Mater. 10, 19 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.R. Taylor: in “Molecular Nanostrutures”, Proceedings of the international Winterschool on Electronic Properties of Novel Materials, ed, by H. Kuzmany, J. Fink, M. Mehring, S. Roth (World Scientific 1997 ) p. 136Google Scholar
- 12.R. Tellgmann, N. Krawez, E.E.B. Campbell: in Recent advances in the physics and chemistry of fullerenes and related materials, vol. 5, ed. by K.M. Kadish. R.S. Ruoff (ECS 1997 ) p. 621Google Scholar
- 15.H. Mauser, T. Clark, A. Hirsch: in Proceedings of the International. Winterschool on Electronic Properties of Novel Materials, ed. by H. Kuzmany, J. Fink, M. Mehring, S. Roth (World Scientific 1998 ) p. 392Google Scholar
- 16.N. Krawez: Ph. D Thesis, FU Berlin, 1998; ibid., to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 17.D. Porezag, M.R. Pederson, T. Frauenheim, T. Kohler: Phys. Rev. B 52, 14 963 (1995)Google Scholar