MOSFETs Under Electrical Stress — Degradation, Subthreshold Conduction, and Noise in a Submicron Structure
We show that electrical degradation of a micron-sized FET device leads to a submicron structure with interesting transport properties. The conductance gate voltage characteristic of a degraded FET shows evidence for quantum effects in the form of a resonant-tunneling process which causes a peak-to-valley conductivity change by many orders of magnitude. Noise is observed from single trap states created by the electrical stress.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9/.M. Bollu, A. Asenov, F. Koch, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 11/.J.A. McInnes, P.N. Butcher, T. Phys. C 18, L 921 (1985)Google Scholar
- 13/.A.D. Stone, P.A. Lee, Phys. Rev. Le1T7–54, 1196 (1985)Google Scholar
- 15/.See for example the article by Satoshi Hiyamizu in this bookGoogle Scholar
- 19/.M. Bollu, A.J. Madenach, F. Koch, J. Scholz, H. Stoll, in: Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Noise in Physical Systems, ed. C.M. van Vliet, p. 217, World Scientific, Singapore (1987)Google Scholar