NMR Study of Martensitic Transformation in Shape Memory Alloys
The evolution as a function of temperature of the 27Al and 63Cu NMR spectra, Knight shift, spin-lattice T1 -1 and spin-spin T2 relaxation rates for two Cu-Zn-Al alloys of different compositions and crystalline states are reported. The values of these parameters are compared to the data obtained by other “conventional” methods and their changes are connected to some static and dynamic aspects of the martensitic transformation.
PACS number76.60-k 64.70 Kb
- 1).S. Rubini, C. Dimitropoulos, F. Borsa, F. Gotthardt, Helv. Phys. Acta 62, 780 (1989).Google Scholar
- 2).ICOMAT’89, Sydney 3–7 July (1989), in press.Google Scholar
- 4).G.C. Carter et al., “Metallic Shifts in NMR”, Pergamon Press (1977).Google Scholar
- 5).A. Donni, Mater’s thesis, EPF-Zürich (1987).Google Scholar
- M. Zolliker, Master’s thesis, EPF-Zürich (1987).Google Scholar