Aftershocks of Underground Nuclear Explosion
Results of measurements of aftershock emission induced by underground nuclear explosions are presented and discussed. The explosions of various yields have been conducted at the Semipalatinsk Test Site, Novaya Zemlya Test Site, as well as for peaceful purposes.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adushkin VV, Spivak AA, Kulikov VI (1993) Influence of structure-tectonical setting of geophysical medium on the seismic efects of underground nuclear explosions. The Physics of the Earth, No. 12: 54–64 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Adushkin VV, Spivak AA (1994) Geologic Characterization and Mechanics of Underground Nuclear Explosions. Defense Nuclear Agency. Alexandria, VA. USAGoogle Scholar
- Aki K, Reasenberg P, deFasio T, Tsai-Yi-Beu (1969) Near-Field and Far-Field Seismic Evidences for Triggering of an Earthquakes by Benham Explosion. Bull.Seismol.SocAm. Vol.59. No. 6: 2197–2207Google Scholar
- Crowley BK, Germain LS (1971) Energy Released in the Benham Aftershocks. Bull.Seismol.SocAm. Vol.61. No.5: 1293–1301 Hamilton RM, Healy JH (1969) Aftershocks of the Benham Nuclear Explosion. Bull.Seismol.SocAm. Vol.59. No.6:2271–2281Google Scholar
- Nikolaev AV, Vereshchagina GM (1992) On initiation of earthquakes by underground nuclear explosions. Doklady Akademii nauk. Vo1.319. Not 333–337 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Nikolaev AV (1994) The problems of induced seismicity. “Induced seismicity”. Nauka. Moscow: 5–15Google Scholar
- Spivak AA (1993) Aftershocks of the powerful underdround explosion in the nonuniform medium. Doklady Akademii nauk. Vol.329. No.4: 435–437 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Spivak AA (1994) Relaxation monitoring and diagnostics of the rock massif. Phÿsiko-technicheskie problemy razrabotki poleznyh iskopaemyh. No. 5: 35–44 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Syrnikov NM, Tryapitzyn VM (1990) On mechanizm of the man-made earthquake in Khibini. Doklady Akademii nauk Vol.314. No.4:830–833 (in Russian)Google Scholar