Response of Seismoactive Medium to Nuclear Explosions.
Several years ago Nikolaev and Vereshagina (1991a, 1991b) reveald that strong earthquakes and underground nuclear explosions trigger M>4.5 earthquakes located in remote seismoactive regions. Apparently, this fact is very important for understanding physical processes in the Earth, because it shows that relatively weak seismic impacts could effect on seismic regime.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gamburtsev AG, Gamburtseva NG, Starodubrovskaja SP, Fridman VN (1983) Recording waves and seismic model of the Earthcrust on the Dushanbinskiy test site, in: “Seismic sounding of source zones”, Nauka, Moscow: 109–122 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Nikolaev AV, Vereshagina GM (1991) About triggering of earthquakes by earthquakes, Dokl. Acad. Nauk SSSR 318 2:320–324 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Nikolaev AV, Vereshagina GM (1991) About triggering of earthquakes by underground nulear explosions, Dokl. Acad. Nauk SSSR 319 2: 333–336 (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Nuttly OW (1986) Lg magnitudes of selected East Kazakhstan underground explosions, Bull. Seism. Soc. Am. 76 5: 1241–1251Google Scholar
- Rautian TG, Khalturin VI, Zakirov MS et al. (1981) Experimental research of seismic coda, Nauka, Moscow (in Russian)Google Scholar
- Sadovskiy MA, Pisarenko VF (1991) Seismic process in block media, Nauka, Moscow (in Russian)Google Scholar