Wing Rock of Slender Delta Wings at Subsonic and Transonic Speeds
Experimental results on the wing rook of low-aspeot-ratio slender delta wings with a sharp leading edge at subsonio and transonic speeds are presented. The effeots of aspeot ratio, the semi-none and interceptor mounting on the upper surface of delta wing and the form of the leading edge sharpening are demonstrated. The range of angles of attack and wing aspeot ratios limiting the regimes of exoitation of oscillation are determined. The effect of the air compressibility on the wing rook parameters is also demonstrated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Nguyen L.T., L.P. Yip and J.R. Champers: Self-Induced Wing Rook of Slender Delta Wing. AIAA Paper 81–1883; 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.Lewin D. and J. Katz: Dynamic Load Measurements with Delta Wings Undergoing Self-Induced Roll-Oscillations. AIAA Paper 82–1320; 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Karavaev E.A., Yu.A. Prudnikov and G.M. Shumsky: Self-Induced Roll-Oscillations of Lifting Systems with Flow Separation on High Angles of Attack. Proo. of the IUTAM Symposium on Separated Flows and Jets, Novosibirsk, USSR, 1990, Springier-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.Karavaev E.A., Yu.A. Prudnikov, O. V. Rokhmistrov: Wing Rock of Delta Wings at Subsonic and Transonio Speeds. Proo. of the Second Sino-Russian Symposium on Aerodynamios, Beijing, China, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Elzebda J.M., D.T. Mook and A.H. Nayfeh: The Influence of an Additional Degree of Freedom on Subsonic Wing Rook of Slender Delta Wing. AIAA-87–0496, Jan.1987.Google Scholar
- 11.Werle H.: Structures des decollements sur les ailes en fleohe. La Recherche Aerospatiale, N 2, 1980.Google Scholar
- 12.Kuoheman D.: The Aerodynamic Design of Aircraft. Pergamon Press. 1978.Google Scholar