Surface Flow Patterns on Blunt Bodies
Surface flow patterns and the vortex structure around ellipsoid are obtained from visualization experiments together with C.T.A. measurement.A simple visualization technique,which was proposed by present authors, is applied to ellipsoid. The vortical structures normal to or lateral to the ellipsoid surface are considered. The external velocity variation across the vortex layer is detected by anemometry. The results are discussed for the range of incidence angle up to 65 deg. The critical angle of 65 deg for the onset of closed separation is as high as existing experiments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bippes H: Visualization of the Flow along a Prolate Spheroid at High Incidence in the Water Towing Tank of The DFVLR, –DFVLR Rep.–113–251–79–a18,1979.Google Scholar
- 4.Nishikawa, N.and Suzuki,T.: Trans.,Japan Soc.Aeronautical and Space Sciences,Vol 31,No. 91, 61–66 (1988).Google Scholar
- 6.Suematu, Y. and Aihara, Y.J.: Japan Soc.Aero. Space Sci,Vol. 33,No 380, 509–515 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Ishii, Y., and Oshima, Y.: Inst.-Space-A-Sci.Rep. SP 4, 43–51, 1986.Google Scholar
- 9.Vollmers.H.: DFVLR-AVA-Rep.81 CPI 259–270.(1980)Google Scholar
- 10.Tai.T.C.: AIAA J. Vol.24, 370–376, 377 (1986)Google Scholar
- 11.Meir, H.U., and Kreplin, H.: Z.F.W., 4, Heft 2 65–71. (1980)Google Scholar