A Virtual Design Engineering Environment for Control System Design and Validation
Companies are looking for a more efficient way to design, validate, test and commission a control system. In near future, automated intelligence (Agents/Holons) that will support the control logic actions will need some form of environment for easing the validation of the decision making rules. This paper discusses tools to help increase design efficiency and productivity, by enabling virtual multi-disciplinary engineering collaboration through an integrated set of design software products. This article proposes an integration of information from different design, simulation, control and visualization systems into a common platform for simulation and control validation. The proposed technology provides an analytical framework for system design, including virtualized control technology connected to a simulation engine coupled with 3D visualization. The capability of this prototype to visualize real time control of mechanisms in a virtual environment, proves how a virtual design engineering environment for control system design and validation, can help qualify the production controller before connecting it to the real machine. It will also assist in understanding the behavior of the system, detect problems early in the design process, reduce downtime, troubleshooting and project cost. These tools will help reduce development time of control systems and improve productivity.
Keywordsagents control design model simulation validation virtual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Boucher, M., Houlihan, D.: System Design: New Product Development for Mechatronics. Aberdeen Group (January 2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Instant reality, http://www.instantreality.org/
- 3.Turecskiy, A., Denery, T.: Simulation and Animation of Mechanical Systems: American Institute of Aeronautics and AstronauticsGoogle Scholar
- 4.Schneider, D., Martin-Michiellot, S.: VRML Primer and Tutorial (1998), http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/vrml/vrmlman/vrmlman.html
- 7.Datasheet DENSO Robotics VS-G_Series, http://www.densorobotics.com/products/vs-g-series/data-sheet
- 8.Rockwell Automation, 2012 Logix5000 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual (2012), http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf