Supporting Business and IT through Updatable Process Views: The proView Demonstrator
The increasing adoption of process-aware information systems (PAISs) has resulted in large process model collections. To support business and IT users having different perspectives on processes, a PAIS should provide personalized views on process models. Especially, changing process models is frequent use case due to evolving processes or unplanned situations. This demonstration presents the proView framework for changing large process models through updating process views, while ensuring up-to-dateness and consistency of all related process views. More precisely, update operations can be applied to a process view and are correctly propagated to the underlying process model. Further, all views related to this process model are then correctly migrated to its new version. Overall, the proView framework enables users to evolve process models over time based on appropriate model abstractions.
- 1.Reichert, M., Weber, B.: Enabling Flexibility in Process-aware Information Systems - Challenges, Methods, Technologies. Springer (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Rinderle, S., Bobrik, R., Reichert, M., Bauer, T.: Businesss Process Visualization - Use Cases, Challenges, Solutions. In: Proc. ICEIS 2006, pp. 204–211 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Bobrik, R., Reichert, M., Bauer, T.: Requirements for the Visualization of System-Spanning Business Processes. In: Proc. DEXA 2005 Workshops, pp. 948–954 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Reichert, M., Kolb, J., Bobrik, R., Bauer, T.: Enabling Personalized Visualization of Large Business Processes through Parameterizable Views. In: Proc. 26th Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2012), Riva del Garda (Trento), Italy (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Kolb, J., Hübner, P., Reichert, M.: Automatically Generating and Updating User Interface Components in Process-Aware Information Systems. In: Proc. 10th Int’l Conf. on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS 2012), pp. 444–454 (2012)Google Scholar