Securing the Internet: Fact or Fiction?
- 883 Downloads
The number of users of the Internet, in whatever way, is growing at an explosive rate. More and more companies are rolling out new applications based on the Internet, forcing more and more users to leverage these systems and therefore become Internet users. Social networking sites and applications are also growing at alarming rates, getting more and more users, whom we can call home or private users, involved and active on the Internet. Corporate companies are now also integrating social networking as part of their way of doing business, and governments are implementing Internet based systems ranging from medical applications to critical IT infrastructure protection.
- 1.ITNow (January 2010), http://www.bcs.org
- 2.Sophos, The Sophos Security Threat Report (2009), http://www.sophos.com/sophos/docs/eng/marketing_material/sophos-security-threat-report-jan-2009-na.pdf
- 3.CISCO, A Comprehensive Proactive Approach to Web based Threats, CISCO IronPort Web Reputation White Paper (2009), http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_web_reputation_whitepaper.pdf
- 4.UK Cybercrime, The UK Cybercrime Report (2009), http://www.garlik.com/press.php?id=613-GRLK_PRD
- 5.CISCO Annual Security Report (2009), http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/cisco_2009_asr.pdf
- 6.T3.com (September 2009), http://www.T3.com
- 7.Washington Post, Cybercrime is winning the battle over Cyberlaw (2008), http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2008/12/report_cybercrime_is_winning_t.html (accessed February 15, 2010)