Analysis of Non Local Image Denoising Methods
Image denoising is probably one of the most studied problems in the image processing community. Recently a new paradigm on non local denoising was introduced. The Non Local Means method proposed by Buades, Morel and Coll attracted the attention of other researches who proposed improvements and modifications to their proposal. In this work we analyze those methods trying to understand their properties while connecting them to segmentation based on spectral graph properties. We also propose some improvements to automatically estimate the parameters used on these methods.
- 3.Boulanger, J., Kervrann, Ch., Bouthemy, P.: Adaptive space-time patch-based method for image sequence restoration. In: Workshop on Statistical Methods in Multi-Image and Video Processing (SMVP 2006) (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Buades, A., Coll, B., Morel, J.M.: Denoising image sequences does not require motion estimation. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance, pp. 70–74 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Efros, A., Leung, T.: Texture synthesis by non-parametric sampling. In: IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, ICCV 1999, pp. 1033–1038 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Olsen, S.I.: Noise variance estimation in images. In: Proc. 8th SCIA, pp. 25–28 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.von Luxburg, U.: A tutorial on spectral clustering. Statistics and Computing 17(4) (2007)Google Scholar