A new approximate factorization method
A new incomplete factorization method is presented, differing from the previous ones by the way in which the diagonal entries of the triangular factors are defined. A comparison is given with other basic incomplete factorization methods, displaying the superiority of the new one, particularly for systems arising from anisotropic elliptic PDEs.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. BeauWENS, Modified incomplete factorization strategies , in Preconditioned Conjugate Gradient Methods, O. Axelsson and L. Kolotilina, eds., Lectures Notes in Mathematics No. 1457, Springer-Verlag, 1990, pp. 1–16.Google Scholar
- I. GUSTAFSSON, Modified Incomplete Cholesky (MIC) methods , in Preconditioning Methods. Theory and Applications, D. Evans, ed., Gordon and Breach, New York-London-Paris, 1983, pp. 265–293.Google Scholar
- Y. NOTAY, Resolution iterative de systèmes linéaires par factorisations approchées ,PhD thesis, Service de Métrologie Nucléaire, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium, 1991.Google Scholar
- Y. NOTAY, Upper eigenvalue bounds and related modified incomplete factorization strategies , in Iterative Methods in Linear Algebra, R. Beauwens and P. de Groen, eds., North-Holland, 1992, pp. 551–562.Google Scholar
- Y. NOTAY, On the robustness of modified incomplete factorization methods ,Inter. J. Comp. Math., to appear, (1991).Google Scholar
- Y. NOTAY, On the convrgence rate of the conjugate gardients in presence of rounding errors ,Numer. Math., submitted, (1991).Google Scholar
- Y. NOTAY, A dynamic version of the RIC method ,submitted for publication.Google Scholar