Routing and Scheduling of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Subject to Cyclic Production Flow Constraints
The focus is on a production system in which material handling operations are carried out by a fleet of UAVs. The problem formulated for the considered case of cyclic multi-product batch production flow is a material handling cost problem. To solve this problem, it is necessary to designate the routes and the corresponding schedules for vehicles that make up the given UAV fleet. The aim is to find solutions that minimizes both the UAV downtime and the takt time of the cyclic production flow in which operations are performed by the UAVs. A declarative model of the analyzed case was used. This approach allows us to view the problem as a constraint satisfaction problem and to solve it in the OzMozart constraint programming environment.
KeywordsUAV Production flow Vehicle routing problem Cyclic scheduling
The work was carried out as part of the POIR.01.01.01-00-0485/17 project, “Development of a new type of logistic trolley and methods of collision-free and deadlock-free implementation of intralogistics processes”, financed by NCBiR.
- 1.Bocewicz, G., Nielsen, I., Banaszak, Z.: A diophantine set-driven approach to part sets cycle time scheduling and repetitive flow balancing. In: Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Springer (in print)Google Scholar
- 2.Bocewicz, G., Nielsen, I., Banaszak, Z.: Towards leveling of multi-product batch production flows. A multimodal networks perspective. In: Proceedings of the 2018 IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (INCOM 2018) (in print)Google Scholar
- 4.Coutinho, W.P., Fliege, J., Battarra M.: The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Routing and Trajectory Optimisation Problem, Work in Progress, University of SouthamptonGoogle Scholar
- 5.Drucker, N.: Cyclic Routing of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Master of Science Research Thesis, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Ho, H.M., Ouaknine, J.: The cyclic-routing UAV problem is PSPACE-complete. In: Pitts, A. (ed.) Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures, FoSSaCS 2015. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 9034, pp. 328–342 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Myers, D., Batta, R., Karwan, M.: A real-time network approach for including obstacles and flight dynamics in UAV route planning. J. Def. Model. Simul. Appl. Methodol. Technol. 13, 291 (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Sobaszek, Ł., Gola, A., Kozłowski, E.: Application of survival function in robust scheduling of production jobs. In: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FEDCSIS), pp. 575–578. IEEE, New York (2017)Google Scholar
- 14.Thibbotuwawa, A., Nielsen, P.: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Routing Problems: A literature review (in print)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhihao, L., Zhong, L., Jianmai, S.: A two-echelon cooperated routing problem for a ground vehicle and its carried UAV. Sensors 17(5), 1144 (2017). https://doi.org/10.3390/s17051144