Towards to Secure an IoT Adaptive Environment System
This paper, deals with the actual problem of secure an IoT adaptive system, namely using secure techniques to secure a Smart Environment System, and the privacy of their users. On a new era of interaction between persons and physical spaces, users want that those spaces smartly adapt to their preferences in a transparent way. This work wants to promote a balanced solution between the need of personal information and the user’s privacy expectations. We propose a solution based on requiring the minimal information possible, together with techniques to anonymize and disassociate the preferences from the users.
KeywordsAdaptive-system AmI Security Privacy IoT
This work has been supported by COMPETE: POCI-01-0145-FEDER-007043 and FCT Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia within the Project Scope: UID/CEC/00319/2013.
- 2.Bluetooth, S.: Bluetooth core specification version 4.0. In: Specification of the Bluetooth System (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Khan, R., Khan, S.U., Zaheer, R., Khan, S.: Future internet: the internet of things architecture, possible applications and key challenges. In: 2012 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology (FIT), pp. 257–260. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Leach, P.J., Mealling, M., Salz, R.: A universally unique identifier (uuid) urn namespace (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Dierks, T.: The transport layer security (tls) protocol version 1.2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.White, D., Rea, A.: Server hardening tactics for increased security. Working Paper, Technical Report (2003)Google Scholar