Kinetics of the Rigid Body
Study of the distribution of mass around the centre of gravity of a mass point system is a key subject in dynamics. Here a development of kinetics for a system of particles and a rigid body with respect to a spatially fixed frame is provided. We will define and analyze various entities: static moment, inertia moment, kinetic impulse, kinetic moment, kinetic energy, power and work.
- 1.Beer, F.P., Johnston, Jr., E.R.: Vector Mechanics for Engineers, Dynamics. McGraw-Hill Ryerson (1988)Google Scholar
- 2.Hibbeler, R.C.: Engineering Mechanics, Dynamics. Prentice-Hall, Inc. (1997)Google Scholar
- 3.Staicu, S.: Mecanica Teoretica. Edit. Didactica & Pedagogica, Bucharest (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Voinea, R., Stroe, I., Predoi, M.: Technical Mechanics. Edit. Politehnica Press, Bucharest (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Nikravesh, P.: Computer-Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems. Prentice-Hall International, Inc. (1988)Google Scholar