Creationist and Anti-Creationist Views on the Order of Their Conflict
In his ethnological research, Claude Lévi-Strauss repeatedly observed that the structure of a group as it appears to an outsider does not need to be identical with its actual constitution. For instance, the Bororo of Brazil live in villages where all huts form a circle around a larger house in the middle. This structure obscures the fact that each hut belongs to one of three social groups that are strictly separated from each other by marriage rules. While at first glance the Bororo seem to live in an egalitarian society, their social classes divide them in a way that is similar to the Indian caste system.
- Almond, G. A., Sivan, E., & Scott Appleby, R. (2004). Explaining fundamentalisms. In M. Marty & R. Scott Appleby (Eds.), Fundamentalisms comprehended (pp. 425–444). Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Ham, K. (1987). The lie: Evolution. San Diego: Master Books.Google Scholar
- Ham, K. (2008). Why is the Christian worldview collapsing in America? In K. Ham (Ed.), The new answers book 2 (pp. 9–14). Green Forest: Master Books.Google Scholar
- Kaden, T. (2014). Fundamentalismus. In T. M. Schmidt & A. Pitschmann (Eds.), Religion und Säkularisierung. Ein philosophisches Handbuch (pp. 194–199). Stuttgart: Metzler.Google Scholar
- Kemper, G., Luskin, C., & Kemper, H. (2013). Discovering intelligent design: A journey into the scientific evidence. Seattle: Discovery Institute Press.Google Scholar
- Lévi-Strauss, C. (2007). A world on the wane. Whitefish: Kessinger.Google Scholar
- Meyer, S. C., Minnich, S., Moneymaker, J., Nelson, P. A., & Seelke, R. (2007). Explore evolution: The arguments for and against neo-Darwinism. London: Hill House Publishers.Google Scholar
- National Center for Science Education. (n.d.-a). Tennessee. https://ncse.com/news/tennessee. Accessed 19 Jan 2018.
- Scott, E. (2000a). The creation/evolution continuum. http://ncse.com/creationism/general/creationevolution-continuum. Accessed 8 Jan 2018.
- Scott, E. (2005). Evolution vs. creationism: An introduction. Berkeley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- Stewart, R. B. (Ed.). (2007). Intelligent design: William A. Dembski & Michael Ruse in dialogue. Minneapolis: Fortress Press.Google Scholar
- West, J. G. (2009). Signature in the cell named one of top books of the year by times literary supplement. https://evolutionnews.org/2009/11/signature_in_the_cell_named_on/. Accessed 19 Jan 2018.