Stock Price Prediction Using Time Convolution Long Short-Term Memory Network
The time series of stock prices are non-stationary and non-linear, making the prediction of future price trends much challenging. Inspired by Convolutional Neural Network (CNN), we make convolution on the time dimension to capture the long-term fluctuation features of stock series. To learn long-term dependencies of stock prices, we combine the time convolution with Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM), and propose a novel deep learning model named Time Convolution Long Short-Term Memory (TC-LSTM) networks. TC-LSTM can obtain the stock longer data dependence and overall change pattern. The experiments on two real market datasets demonstrate that the proposed model outperforms other three baseline models in the mean square error.
KeywordsTime convolution Long Short-Term Memory (LSTM) Stock price prediction
This work is supported by the National Key Research and Development Program of China under grants 2016QY01W0202 and 2016TFB0800402, the National Natural Science Foundation of China under grants 61572221, U1401258, 61433006 and 61502185, Guangxi High level innovation Team in Higher Education Institutions–Innovation Team of ASEAN Digital Cloud Big Data Security and Mining Technology.
- 2.Akita, R., Yoshihara, A., Matsubara, T., Uehara, K.: Deep learning for stock prediction using numerical and textual information. In: IEEE/ACIS International Conference on Computer and Information Science, pp. 1–6 (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Ariyo, A.A., Adewumi, A.O., Ayo, C.K.: Stock price prediction using the ARIMA model. In: 2014 UKSim-AMSS 16th International Conference on Computer Modelling and Simulation, pp. 106–112, March 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/UKSim.2014.67
- 5.Cho, K., van Merrienboer, B., Bahdanau, D., Bengio, Y.: On the properties of neural machine translation: encoder-decoder approaches. CoRR abs/1409.1259 (2014). http://arxiv.org/abs/1409.1259
- 6.Gao, Q.: Stock market forecasting using recurrent neural network. Ph.D. thesis, University of Missouri-ColumbiaGoogle Scholar
- 7.Huynh, H.D., Dang, L.M., Duong, D.: A new model for stock price movements prediction using deep neural network. In: The Eighth International Symposium, pp. 57–62 (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Kolen, J.F., Kremer, S.C.: Gradient flow in recurrent nets: the difficulty of learning longterm dependencies. Field Guide Dyn. Recurr. Neural Netw. 28(2), 237–243 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, L., Aggarwal, C., Qi, G.J.: Stock price prediction via discovering multi-frequency trading patterns. In: ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 2141–2149 (2017)Google Scholar