Advanced Preparation of the NC Programs with Usage of Strategy Manager
The article deals with the possibilities of automate creation of NC programs by using the NC strategies in CAD/CAM system Edgecam 2017 R2. Emphasis is placed on the suitability of use, the limitation of the creation, and application of the NC strategies. The experiments deal with the comparison of effectiveness of the NC strategies applied especially to the components with different geometric features. The results obtained allow determining the applicability of experimental NC strategies in the process of NC programs preparation.
The motivation for this type of research is a gap between levels of automation in fields of machining and pre-production stages. The research is focused on current possibilities of increasing efficiency of the machining processes creation by its automation in CAD/CAM system Edgecam.
KeywordsStrategy manager Optimization Machining processes Edgecam 2017 R2
- 1.Císar, M., Kuric, I., Čuboňová, N., Kandera, M.: Design of the clamping system for the CNC machine tool. In: MATEC Web of Conferences, vol. 137, p. 01003. EDP Sciences (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Čuboňová, N.: Genetic algorithms implemented for optimization of technological processes. In: Chosen Applications of Computer Modelling in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 157–181. Pearson Education Limited, London (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Dodok, T., Čuboňová, N., Rudawska, A.: Creation of strategies by use of edgecam strategy manager. In: Strojírenská technologie: časopis pro vědu, výzkum a výrobu. Roč. 21, č. 1 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Kuric, I.: Dynamic classification system. In: Chosen Applications of Computer Modelling in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 135–154. Pearson Education Limited, London (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Dodok, T., Čuboňová, N., Rudawska, A.: Analysis of shapes for the development of algorithms for strategies of machining process in the CAM system. In: Computing and Solutions in Manufacturing Engineering, Braşov, Romania (2016)Google Scholar