Licensure, Certification, and Credentialing
Simulation has the potential to provide a more objective measurement of clinical performance. It is currently being used to some extent to evaluate all levels of providers in our specialty at multiple steps along the training continuum and is rapidly becoming part of licensure, certification, and credentialing.
KeywordsSimulation Credentialing Licensure Credentialing Competence
- 1.Astho [Internet]. Arlington: Association of State and Territorial Health Officials; c1999–2017 [cited 2016 Dec 19]. Understanding licensing, credentialing, certification, and privileging; [about 1 p.]. Available from: http://www.astho.org/Programs/Preparedness/Public-Health- Emergency-Law/Scope-of-Practice-Toolkit/Understanding-Licensing,-Credentialing,-Certification,-and-Privileging(2)/.
- 2.Silvis J. Accreditation, certification, licensure, registration. 2011 Nov 22 [cited 2017 Apr 9]. In: Healthcare Design Magazine [Internet]. Ontario: Healthcare Design. c2002–2017 [about 7 screens]. Available from: http://www.healthcaredesignmagazine.com/architecture/accreditation-certification-licensure-registration/.
- 3.USMLE [Internet]. Philadelphia: United States Medical Licensing Examination; c1996–2017 [cited 2017 Apr 9]. Available from: http://www.usmle.org/.
- 5.Committee on Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Committee opinion no. 517: communication strategies for patient handoffs. Obstet Gynecol. 2012;119(2 Pt 1):408–11.Google Scholar
- 6.American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Communication Strategies for Patient Handoffs. Committee Opinion #517, 2012.Google Scholar
- 10.SAGES-Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery [Internet]. Los Angeles: Fundamentals of Endoscopic Surgery; c2017 [cited 2017 May 7]. Available from: http://www.fesprogram.org/.
- 11.MOC Division. Bulletin for maintenance of certification for basic certification diplomates. Dallas: The American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecologists; 2017. ACOG [Internet]. Simulations working group toolkit. Washington (DC): The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; c1997–2017 [cited 2017 Apr 18]. Available from: http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Departments/Simulations-Consortium/Simulations-Consortium-Tool-KitGynecology. 2017. 37p. Available from: https://www.abog.org/bulletins/2017%20MOC%20Basic%20Bulletin%20Final.pdf.
- 12.MedaPhor and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) Sign Agreement. Medaphor.com, 1 Mar. 2016, www.medaphor.com/medaphor-and-abog-sign-agreement/. Accessed 8 Sept 2017.
- 13.American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists [Internet]. Washington, DC: Surgical Curriculum in Obstetrics and Gynecology; c2017 [cited 2017 May 10]. Available from: http://cfweb.acog.org/scog/.