Artificial Urinary (AUS) and Anal (AAS) Sphincter
- 8 Downloads
Artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) is the only mechanical device that closely simulates the function of a biological urinary sphincter. Over the past four decades, advances in mechanical design, applications of new technology and lessons learned from clinical experience have made the AMS 800 device the standard of care in post-prostatectomy urinary incontinence.
- 1.Lamb AD, Pujol L, Nair R, Geurts N, Murphy D.G, Moon DA. Artificial urinary sphincter step-by-step. Video, E.A.U.; 2012.Google Scholar
- 2.Zephyr Surgical Implant Sarl, Geneva, Switzerland: ZSI 375 Video for training artificial urinary sphincter. 2012 October.Google Scholar
- 4.Ostrowski I, Ciechan J, Sledz E, Dys W, Golabek T, Chłosta PL. Four-year follow-up on a ZSI 375 artificial urinary sphincter for male urinary incontinence from one urological centre in Poland. Cent Eur J Urol. 2018;71:320–5.Google Scholar
- 6.Carvajal Obando A, Gavira Gil F, et al. Efficacy of the Artificial Urinary Sphincter ZSI 375 for treatment of post-radical prostatectomy incontinence in patients with intrinsic sphincter deficiency : a preliminary study. EMJ. 2017;2(2):22–6.Google Scholar
- 15.Melega E, Dodi G, Masin A, Marchesin R, Lise M. Lo sfintere anale artificiale nel trattamento dell’incontinenza fecale grave. UCP News. 1999;3(S. 2):49–50.Google Scholar