The first chapter of the book introduces the concept of short-range maritime transport that is colloquially referred to as SSS; this introduction includes its challenges, impact, and potential, as well as setting the tone and scene for the in-depth analysis that will follow in the succeeding chapters.
KeywordsShort sea shipping Mobility Waterborne transport
- Carlini, Fulvio. 2012. Chartering & Documentation Committee – short sea shipping report. Presentation, Fonasba.Google Scholar
- Marlow, Peter B., S.J. Petit, and A.D. Scorza. 1997. Short sea shipping in Europe: Analysis of the UK and Italian markets. Cardiff: Department of Maritime Studies and International Transport, University of Wales College of Cardiff.Google Scholar
- Papadimitriou, Stratos. 2001. Short sea shipping in Europe: Experience and prospects. European Conference of Ministers of Transport (ECMT), OECD.Google Scholar
- Pastori, Enrico. 2015. Modal share of freight transport to and from EU ports. Study prepared for the European Parliament – Directorate-General for Internal Policies – Policy Department B: Structural and Cohesion Policies, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Rodrigue, Jean-Paul. 2017. The geography of transport systems. 4th ed. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Stopford, Martin. 2013. Maritime economics. London: Routledge.Google Scholar