Finger Vein Recognition Based on Weighted Graph Structural Feature Encoding
The finger-vein recognition performance is usually sensitive to illumination and pose variation. Exploring suitable feature representation method is therefore significant for finger-vein recognition improvement. In this paper, we propose a novel feature encoding method based on local graph structure (LGS), which behaves better in improving the matching accuracy of features. In terms of the variations of veins in running direction, oriented Gabor filters are firstly used for venous region enhancement. Then, a symmetric cross-weighted local graph structure (SCW-LGS) is proposed to locally represent the gradient relationships among the pixels in a neighborhood of the Gabor enhanced images. Based on SCW-LGS, a multi-orientation feature encoding method is developed for vein network feature representation. Experimental results show that the proposed approach achieves better performance than the state-of-the-art approaches on finger-vein recognition.
KeywordsFeature encoding Finger-vein recognition Local graph structure Gabor filter
This work is supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61502498, No. 61379102, NO. U1433120) and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (NO. 3122017001).
- 3.Yang, J.F., Shi, Y.H., Jia, G.M.: Finger-vein image matching based on adaptive curve transformation. PR 66, 34–43 (2017)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, H.-G., Lee, E.J., Yoon, G.-J., Yang, S.-D., Lee, E.C., Yoon, S.M.: Illumination normalization for SIFT based finger vein authentication. In: Bebis, G., et al. (eds.) ISVC 2012. LNCS, vol. 7432, pp. 21–30. Springer, Heidelberg (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-33191-6_3CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Dong, S., Yang, J.C., Chen, Y., et al.: Finger vein recognition based on multi-orientation weighted symmetric local graph structure. KSII Trans. Internet Inf. Syst. 9(10), 4126–4142 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Yang, J.F., Yang, J.: Multi-channel gabor filter design for finger-vein image enhancement. In: Fifth ICIG. IEEE Computer Society, pp. 87–91 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Luo, Y.T., Zhao, L.Y., Zhang, B., et al.: Local line directional pattern for palmprint recognition. PR 50(C), 26–44 (2014)Google Scholar